Craigshall Cottage is a modern, well insulated bungalow in the coastal village of Auchencairn which lies within the East Stewartry Coast National Scenic Area (Scottish equivalent of the English Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty). Fully renovated in the spring of 2007, it boasts a new kitchen with 'A' rated appliances (oven, hob, fridge, dish washer), one large double bedroom, one large twin bedroom and a huge, open plan, living/dining area with wood burning stove. We are happy to welcome multiple, well behaved dogs.
Craigshall Cottage has it's own, fully enclosed, garden to keep dogs and kids within sight but if you like to wander, you can go through the gate into the paddock and on to the burn and the Auchencairn Bay beyond. There is loads of space to park several cars or a boat on a trailer/horse box etc. If you are into off-road cycling then this is the place to be. We are centrally located for 5 of the 7stanes off-road trails. 7Stanes 'Scotland's Biking Heaven' is a network of purpose built forest and hill trails designed to offer graded rides through beautiful scenery.
2007-2010 - 100% satisfied guests - check out our guestbook
Click on any picture to see a larger version.View a short movie tour or read the comments we have received from past guests 100% satisfied guests so far! View the blackboard..
Add to del.icio.us
Eco-friendliness features include:
- Solar water heating
- 'A' Rated appliances
- Sealed unit double glazing
- High Insulation
- Wood burning stove for heating and cooking (optional!)
- Low energy background heating
- Low energy light bulbs
- Hydro Electricity
- Sustainable Bamboo flooring throughout
|At a glance:
- 2 bedrooms (1x double, 1 x twin (equipped with 2 x full size single beds + 2 x full size pull-out single beds)
- Luxury bathroom with bath, separate high-pressure shower, dual hand basins
- Fully equipped kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge and dishwasher
- Utility room with drying area, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Log burning stove
- Huge, open-plan lounge and dining area
- LCD TV, DVD and Freeview
- Sony Hifi with USB, Bluetooth (iPod/MP3/Phone hookup) and CD
- Free Wireless Internet Access (WiFi 802.11b/g)
- Bed linen and towels plus beach towels included
- High chair + cot supplied
- Well behaved dogs welcome
- Fully enclosed and private garden
- Coastal location with walks direct from the front door
- Village location with pub and shop in walking distance
- Secure, alarmed storage for bikes
- Fire alarm and detectors in all rooms
- Safety lighting in case of power failure
- Ample parking for cars/boats/horse boxes etc.
- Short breaks (Mon-Fri or Fri-Mon) available in Spring and Autumn
- Call us on 01556 640028 if you have any questions!
View Larger Map
If you would like a low carbon footprint holiday, come and stay at Craigshall Cottage in beautiful Dumfries and Galloway. You'll love the walking, cycling and fishing that are all on your doorstep.